HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR PLATED JEWELRY
Bathed jewels can last a long time and always look good, as they have high quality, but the bath layer is thin and superficial, being subject to chemical reactions and wear.
Some factors responsible for the wear of the bath in the piece are; sweat, cosmetics, perfumes, soap, chlorinated water, among other chemicals in our daily lives.
To avoid wearing out your parts:
- Avoid wetting the jewelry with water, soap, perfume, lotion and other chemicals. If the jewelry gets wet, wipe it off immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid wetting the jewelry with sweat. Remove the jewelry when doing some physical activity.
- Remove bathed jewelry when sleeping at night to reduce contact with bare skin.
- Store jewelry in a dry place.
- Do not store multiple jewels in the same box, thus avoiding scratches and fading faster.
To clean your parts:
- Do not try to shine it with a steel sponge or any other type of abrasive.
- Avoid bathing with the pieces, as the soap, creams and bath oils leave a thin film on the surface leaving the piece opaque;
- Do not use acetone, toothpaste, alcohol to clean your parts, nor do they boil them in soapy water, as these procedures dirty and damage stones and metals.
- For cleaning we suggest using a specific chemical to clean such material, such as Monzi Amarelo. The piece should be immersed in the Monzi Amarelo solution for a few moments and then be thoroughly dried under running water. Let it dry on a paper towel or use a dry flannel.
Attention to Pearls:
If your jewelry has pearls, don't wash them. Use only a damp cloth to clean them.
With this care, your pieces will remain beautiful for a long time.
Bathe your piece again:
If you are interested in bathing your piece again, or even want to change the color of the bath, you can contact us for a quote